Sunday, December 9, 2012

"Your Place"

Something I'm starting this week: Make "your place" yours. I have an empty bulletin board that I put up last week in my room. First, I hung my goals up, leaving the rest of the bulletin board empty. And this week, I'm going to try and challenge myself to start collecting magazine cutouts or pictures that I want to save or keep as a reminder to post on my empty board. I love Women's Health magazine and Fitness magazine. So, I am going to go through those magazines during my free time and cut out a few things I want to remember or little workouts I want to keep. I used to carry around my magazines to remember to try the monthly workouts they have. This week, I'm just going to try and post whatever I want on "my place" in my room. My bulletin board is "my place" to put whatever I want on it. Not that I couldn't do this anywhere else in my apartment, but I think this space should be reserved as "my place" to express myself, keep my goals posted, and post whatever I want to keep as a reminder or to save. (Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project, did something like this-hence the idea.) This is very similar to a Microsoft Word document that I would save on my computer with different quotes posted during my teenage years.
What is "your place" in your home? Find "your place", and remember to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment