Monday, December 17, 2012

Girls, Girls, Girls

So much to say about this. Girls, girls, girls. Girls have the natural capability of representing beauty and love. But yet we become raging beasts in the snap of a finger.

I read in The Happiness Project to stay away from gossip. Sort of impossible if you are a chick. But I really want to challenge myself to do this. The only time I enjoy gossip is in the moment it's being said, the moment I hear it, and the moment it's spread. That's it. There is no long-lasting happiness I get from being a part of gossip: telling it, receiving it, or sitting in a room full of it. The day after a gossip sesh feels worse than a hangover for me. I always revisit what I said, what I heard, and wow is that true?. I, also, read in Rubin's book to never believe what you do not see. If you didn't see it, but you heard it, don't believe it. You weren't there to witness the dirty deeds being done, you weren't there to hear what was going on, and therefore, it is none of your business. Would you enjoy your life being plastered all over everyone's tabloid lips? Probably not. I mean, who does?

I strongly believe in karma-not religiously or anything like that. I believe that you should treat others like you would want to be treated. Thank goodness there's grace and mercy or we'd all be beaten down and completely miserable. Obviously, a lot of the bad deeds we have done, haven't necessarily been repaid. But I find that if you notice your wrongdoings and fix what has been done, karma won't be out to get you as much. But if you continually partake in treating others bad or doing wrong, with no sympathy or hope to change, karma will get you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen karma get a few people, and I can't say I didn't smirk about it.

I'm not a mean girl. I really do want happiness for everyone in my life. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, and I learn from them. One of my biggest pet-peeves is those who mistreat others-mainly relationally. Our relationships are the MOST important part of our lives. Our relationships with God, our significant other, family, and friends will make or break our lives. Stop mistreating the people closest to you in your life. Stop lying. Stop cheating. Stop gossiping. Stop the violence. Stop the anger before you destroy your purpose on this planet. You treat your family bad, your future family will suffer. You treat your romantic relationship bad, your lover will suffer (and even your kids if you have any) and probably your future lover, too. You treat your friends bad, you will suffer. Yes, we all suffer from mistreatment from someone in our lives, but know that it is not your fault. You cannot make decisions for anyone but yourself. Make good choices!

Back to gossip and the agony of being a woman. You will always be surrounded by gossip one way or another. You may have said something before that you regret and something you wish you would have never said (knowing it will turn into someone else's gossip). I'm making it a point in my life to stay away from gossip as much as I can. In one ear, out the other. Speak purely of others.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment