Monday, December 17, 2012

To-do Week

Ever feel like you're having a week that is more like a to-do week? I know I do! I'm having a to-do week as we speak. So much to do, so little time, AGAIN! How is it humanly possible to have so much to do? I want to see the day where I have nothing to do, at all. Gosh, I don't even remember what that feels like.

My goals for this week seem never-ending. On the up side, I made spaghetti by myself for the first time ever. And thanks to "Fit and Active", it was more healthy than usual, making stuffing my face more enjoyable. Now, you may be thinking "Wow, she must not be domestic." You're probably right. I was raised in a family where the daddy was the cook of the family. My mom can cook, too, but my dad LOVES cooking. One day, he even mentioned opening his own restaurant when he retires. He just loves to cook. And when he's cooking, he seems like he wants the kitchen to himself, until he needs the table set. So there. I haven't really experienced cooking, and I don't consider myself a typical woman, either. I like to clean because I like a clean home. But cleaning isn't a "woman's job". It's a home-owner's or renter's job. Tonight, even though my guy doesn't live with me, I asked him nicely to help clean up the kitchen after dinner. Of course, he gives me that "Do I have to" look. He surprisingly agreed to help, and let me tell you, the cleaning was done MUCH quicker. Team effort. It's OK to help clean, even if you're a manly-man.

Anyways, it was nice to feel like I accomplished something tonight: I made my first spaghetti dinner. And while the sauce was slow-cookin', I did an Insanity cardio workout via DVD. That completes my Monday.

Happy Monday to you. Make sure you have your goals for the week! I look forward to the weekend. And the more I get done this week, the more fun I have come Friday. And...CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment