Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yesterday's Mess

Never bring yesterday's mess into today. EVER. Yesterday happened for a reason, but there's a reason that everyday is a new day.

I have read many articles on sleeping off your stress or hitting the gym for a good workout after a day of chaos. And both are said to work. Every time I'm drowning in stress (and yes, sometimes you will feel overwhelmed in your 20s), I have learned to go to sleep that night, instead of staying up dwelling on it. Even when I get upset at someone, once I get a good night's rest, I usually feel much better the next day. And it shouldn't be hard to fall asleep on those nights because you should be super tired from all the emotion you've been feeling that day. Emotion is exhausting and so is overthinking. So say you're stressed at work, or stressing all day about your upcoming bills, or someone just utterly pissed you off-that's tiring enough to put you to sleep. And I promise, sleep will help you feel better. Then, the next day you can decide what to do about whichever situation, with a clearer mind than the day before.

However, if you stay up dwelling on your day/situation or cursing out that person on the phone that just upset you, you won't get a good night's rest, and the next day you'll be tired, bringing negative emotion into your day. I'm begging you to do yourself a favor and don't do this! You may have had a bad day, but don't prolong that bad day into the next few days. Leave that mess where it is.

I have found that my evening tidy-up has been so refreshing in the morning. Beyond belief. It's the same concept of 'Never bring yesterday's mess into today'. So true, even for objects. Clean up your mess from the day because the next day will bring its own mess, and you shouldn't have to clean up two messes.

Money Saving tip for the day: Lunch break? Don't eat out every day!

This whole week, I have either packed a lunch, or ate at home. I know some of you don't have either option, but if you can go home for lunch or pack a lunch, do so! You'll feel much better having saved $40-$50 a week (sometimes more!).

No comments:

Post a Comment