Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Empowering Women

As I sit here watching the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, the words that come to mind are "Empowering Women". Now, I'm not saying these women are the next U.S. President, Harvard graduate, the next Oprah, or a CEO of a company, but they are beautiful women. And they strut their stuff with confidence, a smile, and a kiss-blow at the end of the runway. I'm so interested in their story (I love the interviews throughout the show), how they got to where they are, and what they love to do for fun in their personal life.

Either way, I love the concept of empowering women, and each of us can be an empowering woman in our own life. You are needed by someone around you. As mentioned before, your job needs you, your family needs you, and your friends need you. And we all have dreams and aspirations. I believe by following those dreams, you will be an empowering woman in your lifetime. You may not see your name in lights, and you may not get your own TV show, but you will inspire and influence someone around you, and to me, that's empowering enough.

So I will leave you with some encouragement for the night: empower yourself. You don't have to have a strict 500-calories-a-day diet plan, exercise non-stop, be looked at by every guy, have the top job in your line of employment, or have a super star child to be an empowering woman. Just be YOU! And find that spark in your own life that attracts the loved ones around you. Light that flame and keep it burnin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment