Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Be Reliable! Respond!

This subject is touchy, but yet so funny. How many of you receive texts from your family and friends and never respond? Or respond days later when the text is irrelevant? And how many of you receive texts from some hottie and ALWAYS respond? Exactly.

Your excuses that sound a lot like "I didn't have my phone" or "sorry, I've been too busy to text back" don't work and trust me, no one believes you.

We ALL are glued to our phones. I'll give men the benefit of the doubt that they just aren't as interested in their phones as much as women. However, they have their phones with them a majority of the time, just like anyone else. I'm just as guilty as you are for not answering texts or calls from family and friends, but you better believe I respond to my guy. Typical. So, I've come up with a solution for myself. I've been trying to check all texts and calls at the end of the day to respond to anything I've missed. I want others to find me reliable so I am trying to do this on a regular basis, even if I'd rather not respond. I can list my friends who are reliable and who is not based on who I can get a hold of, and I know you can, too. It takes about ten seconds of your time, if that, to read and respond to a text-even to simply answer a question or let that person know you are busy at the moment. And I would say ALL of us have more than a ten second break in the day. We get longer bathroom breaks than that.

Don't get that unreliable reputation. Take time at the end of your day to respond! You appreciate getting responses and so does the person on the other side of the phone. Be reliable!

Yes, there are other factors to being a reliable individual. This just happens to be one of them: RESPOND!

No comments:

Post a Comment