Monday, December 10, 2012

Good Things Happening

How excited am I?! I dreaded my Monday, as usual, only to find out I don't have classes to teach this afternoon. Score! Now I have a few extra hours of free time to finish up some work, start my Christmas cards, do some reading, and get a good, solid workout in. I solemnly swear to never expect Monday to be a drag again! So many good things happening today!

I can always hop on Twitter or Facebook to find out how a number of people are doing that day. I see tweets like "today is not my day" or "sending happy vibes your way" constantly! I mean, social media has become everyone's source of venting these days. If you have a great day or something great happens to you, your social media will know. If you have a miserable day, social media will know. Your social media sites are basically inviting others into your personal life (unless you don't use social media as a venting tool). I do admit that I sometimes 'vent tweet', but more-so than not, I'm posting positive tweets!

One conclusion I've come to from this social media catastrophe: Your bad day is someone's great day. You may have a terrible day, while your best friend is having the best day ever. Doesn't it irritate you to jump on Twitter and find all these "having a great day!" tweets while your sulking in your bad mood? I know it irritates me sometimes. I wonder why God doesn't give the whole world good days on the same days. Would that be a perfect world or what? You know the saying "There can't be rich without the poor, and vice versa"? So maybe there can't be good days without bad days. Even though you may be having a bad day, be a part of someone's good day. You'll feel instantly lifted out of that sulk you're in. And if you know a friend having a bad day, be something good in that person's day. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment