Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cursed

Oh my goodness. Such a long, productive Tuesday. And I'm feeling the anxiety already from knowing I won't get everything done this week that I want to get done-such as de-cluttering my room (another tip I learned in The Happiness Project). Even though I just moved in a month ago, I'm ready for a de-cluttering date with my me, myself, and I. I should do it on a Monday. Usually, nothing ever happens on a Monday.

So much is on my mind! But I will try to keep it flowing smoothly on here for you. My brain works in ways even I don't understand.

I have a curse-the never feel good enough, always need to work harder, always questioning if I'm doing everything right kind of curse. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've been taught that the sky's the limit. Growing up, I can't remember one person who has ever told me "You can't", "You won't", or "That's an impossible goal". Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who think I couldn't, I wouldn't, or that there are impossible goals in the world for me to attain. We are all pretty guilty of thinking that about someone else. And then we feel guilty for thinking that at all. Because you see, we all have dreams and aspirations. We all have goals, and we all want something. And we never want anyone to rain on our parade. I believe we should all follow our dreams. Where would our world be without people who do so? Would we still have Presidents, Missionaries, Teachers, Musicians, even the creators of delivery pizza? Follow your dreams and work hard. Never question yourself. (I should take my own advice. I'm just better at giving it, rather than taking it.) Remember, you can't hold the whole world on your shoulders. We are just little specs on the Earth, trying to make a difference, and be remembered somehow. Even though I'm cursed, I'm destined to get rid of the insecurity and questions I shoot myself with everyday.

Today, while running across an episode of MTV's series This Is How I Made It, I heard a song by B.o.B. for the first time in my life. Finally looked up the lyrics and surely enough, it has everything to do with what I'm feeling at the moment.

B.o.B. feat. Taylor Swift "Both of Us"

"And even though we always against the odds, These are the things that have molded us, And if life hadn't chosen us, Sometimes I wonder, Where I would have wound up"

Amazing. Outstanding. Beautiful.
Sometimes God has a funny way of getting through to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment