Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas to us!

Christmas is such a wonderful holiday. A day with family, a day off work, a phone call from friends, and good food! Of course, I would get the stomache flu or whatever you call it. Pretty much my guy's whole family and I got it. Merry Christmas to us! On a brighter note, my father made a very good point at the Christmas eve service Monday night. He was talking about how Christmastime feels like a clean slate, a peaceful day. It's so true! The whole world changed when Jesus was born (if that's what you believe), and even to this day Christmas feels like such a peaceful day. Hence why by New Years everyone has New Year's resolutions and promises made to themselves to make the next year a better year. New Year's feels like a clean slate. And I think everyone needs that sometimes. I've had my share of faults and mistakes this year, but I have learned so much. I have a wonderful man who has stuck by me right or wrong, a loving family, and I'm bringing in the New Year knowing who is supposed to be in my life and who isn't. 2012 has been full of lessons and blessings. A year ago I was jobless, my family had moved away, and I had no idea what I was going to do. Wow have things changed. Whether it was a horrible year or the best year you've ever had, you have a clean slate. Make 2013 whatever you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment