Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Lucky #7: YOUR WORK MATTERS!

Yes, that would be me. A college grad who took on six jobs before finding lucky #7 in these hard economic times. I've been a server, cubicle lady, babysitter, sales associate-even answered phones for a living. I am very blessed to have found so many opportunities in a short amount of time. And I am even more blessed to have found a career path I am passionate about. You can too!

Some believe that work is work, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not. This is absurd! Ladies and gents, WAKE UP! You will spend more time at work on a daily basis than anywhere else. YOUR WORK MATTERS! If you have the option to choose where you work, I advise you to explore that option. If there is a job that you want, and would do anything to have, keep working hard. Hard work pays off (cliche again, but true).

I remember about a year ago now, how frustrated I was over the idea of spending eight hours of my day working for the rest of my life-until I retire, if I even get to. And people wonder why the divorce rate is so high? How on earth can family come first in a world where work takes up a majority of your time? Now if I were President, and had access to all the money in the world, I would create a world with no work, just play. Of course, this will never happen. I remember becoming emotionally ill at the thought of how much time in my future will be spent working:
  • working towards vacation days
  • working towards a family
  • working towards a new car
  • working towards groceries
  • working towards a big night out 
  • working towards retirement
  • working towards paying off a credit card
  • working towards owning a house
  • working towards a raise or promotion
  • working, WORKING, WORKING
Think about it. If we ALL decided to work jobs we didn't enjoy, without a thought as to ever pursue a career path you are passionate about, we are all doomed. This world NEEDS passionate people. Our country NEEDS passionate minds. If you have a passion or a job you desire, I encourage you to go after it! Think about how much more you will enjoy your day, your friends, family, and loved ones if you are doing what you love day-in and day-out. Find that job you'd kill for...even if it takes working six jobs to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment