Wednesday, November 28, 2012

$Lotto Winner$

As a fellow citizen of Chicagoland, I am saddened by my chances of luck tonight for the Powerball lotto. I'm not a lottery junkie by any means, but today I bought a ticket, hoping to be that lucky duck. Obviously, when there's a better chance of a hurricane hitting Chicago (a little sarcasm, I know), I didn't win. But the hours leading up to the Powerball drawing were spent pondering the idea, what IF I won?

No one person can be prepared for that amount of money being handed to you. I can only imagine what I would do with the money. Money is a powerful object. But there are even more powerful forces beyond money.

Earlier tonight, I found myself surprisingly tearing up while watching an episode of Back Story: Blake Shelton. You might call me a wuss, and I'll take that because I do indeed feel certain emotion at any given circumstance. Blake Shelton knows the feeling of loss, failure, triumph, and love just as any other human being would. It amazes me how present the people I have lost in my life are today. And how much I admire my mother for her strength after losing close loved ones. I looked over at my guy tonight, and once again, became overwhelmed with gratitude. I am so grateful to have such a loving, strong, supportive man in my life that I call my best friend. I am so lucky to be where I am today. After working six jobs in the last year, I finally found one that I am passionate about. After this long year and a half out of college, I really have discovered the meaning of friendship. And my family is safe and sound living in my old college town this very second. I am LUCKY! I am a lotto winner in my own life. And I know there's luck somewhere in your busy, confusing, flustered, mid 20's crisis, as well (or wherever you're at in your life).

Be your own lotto winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment