Sunday, January 27, 2013

Reflecting Mood

Can't believe January is almost over. It has flown by. I just got back from two weekends of adventures. One weekend skiing, and the other weekend visiting fam. What a great few days off with friends and family. I don't feel any different, having had focused on myself this month. I do see change, though. Looking back a year ago, I am a totally different person. I'm more content and confident. I worry less about what others think and more about what I think. One quote really stuck out to me tonight. I'm sure you've read it before, but I really needed it.

"It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that the people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on."

This has rung true in my life throughout the last few months, and it really has changed me. Not in a bad way, though. In a positive, growing up kind of way. I'm happy to be where I am, to come from what I've come from, and to have the people I have in my life now: those who love and care for me genuinely, who accept me as I am and build me up, who have made such an impact in my life that I can't live without them, who always encourage and never discourage, who are honest, loyal, and trustworthy. If you are someone in my life today, thank you for everything you are. 

My great grandmother passed this morning. Heaven was callin' her name and off she went. She was a strong woman. Her heart was stronger than any doctor would have guessed. She always had a story to share, and let me tell you, she spoke her mind. I hope to be at least half the woman she was. I am proud to be her great granddaughter, and I hope I make her proud one day. My family has many angels up there watching over us, and now we have one more. 

Needless to say, cherish EVERY moment. You never know when it could be your time-or someone you love. 

Definitely in a reflecting mood tonight, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Have a great week folks! And hold those close to you a little tighter than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment