Tuesday, January 8, 2013

You'll Make It

So far, this month has been super busy. This is very odd, in my opinion, seeing as though I had the whole first week of January off of work. Some days, like today, I feel like I have little time to myself, even though the free time I have is spent with myself getting what needs to be done, done. Here's a tip I've learned from this past year: You will get more done on your work days than your vacation days!

You're probably thinking Wow, that makes no sense. Indeed it does. I am more stressed on the days leading up to vacation than the regular work week. On the days leading up to vacation, I am eager for vacation to arrive! I am constantly thinking relaxation is right around the corner. Then, vacation comes, and as relaxing as it is, I get nothing of priority done. This is because I believe I owe it to myself to not use vacation days for stress or priorities. Maybe I'm on the right track or maybe I'm on the wrong. Either way, when it comes to getting stuff done in my life, it usually happens on a work day, after a long day at work. I think I'm just more in the zone on work days than on my days off. I'm hoping to start up a new project soon having to do with vacationing so keep your eyes and ears open! (EXCITED!)

I really have taken the last few weeks to reflect back on where I was a year ago. Jobless, frustrated, searching for myself. Graduating college is a HUGE accomplishment. Becoming an adult feels like an even bigger accomplishment or adjustment. So much will change, so much HAS changed! I have found when I was in-between jobs, realizing how this adult thing goes, I would quite frequently feel like I had to change something to spice up my life. I died my hair twice in the same year (not normal), got a new piercing, and became persistent on getting my tatoo as soon as possible (still have yet to get it). I changed up my workout routine dozens of times-you name it, I've tried it. I started diets, quit diets, tried different jobs, quit different jobs. Up, down, up, down. That pretty much describes my life a year ago. Keep in mind most of this was the result of my family moving out of state. Those of you who live near or with your families, cherish those moments because one day you will move out, and you will miss it. Family gives you purpose and a sense of belonging. After a long work week, that's a good feeling. And getting used to coming home from work on a Thursday or Friday and looking at that wine bottle on your kitchen counter with a movie in mind will never compare to coming home to your family-to people you know, love, and cherish. So enjoy these days to the fullest. Reality is coming.

If you're where I was a year ago, hold fast. Better days are ahead. I can't promise there won't be storms, but you'll make it. Just like you said you would on graduation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment